Thursday, June 23, 2011

New indie-comic-style paintings posted


I've posted the first set of the new style, replete with real-camera-not-a-phone-camera images, to my website. I'm currently calling this style 'indie-comic-style', as opposed to my customary blobby-paint-style, seen here:


It's kind of a hybrid painting/drawing style, and it reminds me a lot of the indie comics I used to read and pick up at the indie comic shows that I used to do, which is why I'm calling it what I'm calling it. I never inked my comics like that, though, and as I mentioned in a previous post, I really wish I'd learned to ink like that. Much faster and more fun.Oh well, I'm a bit slow sometimes.

I'm not going to abandon the blobby-paint-style, as there's just too much one can do with that, but I'd also like to keep exploring what I can do with the indie-comic-style paintings. I just hope that they sell well enough to justify the effort.

cheers,
Marcel

No comments:

Post a Comment