Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Hockey Painting Posted


This painting was a commission that I did this past fall. It was a Christmas present and it went over really well with the recipient, who was apparently quite moved by it. I was really pleased with how it turned out, but knowing that the person for whom it was done is so happy with it is an even better feeling.

To me the process plus the painting kind of feels like one of Stuart Maclean's Vinyl Cafe stories, which is cool because my paintings are normally a little emotionally remote, whereas Maclean's stories are always about the emotions. His stories seem like they're dead simple, but really in most cases they're entertaining, funny, and heart warming, and seem to touch on the emotions that we all share. I don't know how valid the comparison with my painting is, but I think I've managed to do something that goes at least a little bit in that direction, so I'm quite happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment